Saturday, June 16, 2012

Counting money skills

Fake money 


Benefits of this activity:
- not watching tv for at least 1 hour
- learn counting money
- early exposure into business and handling financial. Is it? I hope so.. since they need to work, get salary & spend money.

Idea:
  • Prepare fake money. For bills, I scan real Malaysian money (RM) and print out them so that my kids will not confuse when comes into real situation. (Setiap keping kena la conteng mcm dalam gambar tu. Takut tak pasal-pasal anak-anak bawa ke sekolah terbagi kat makcik kantin. Kang tak pasal-pasal masuk penjara pulak..)  Coins? I use the real one.. 
  • Gather some toys or recycles things and mark each with price tag.
  • Pick a job. I feel we need to be more creative. So I suggest them to choose a job because I want them to know in real life, the money is rolling in and out. Haziq choose to be a magician, Husna want to be a beautician and Hanim want to be a cashier at Giant superstore (hmm.. boleh la
Task:
Magician - Get money from the show. Hire assisstant and pay salary.
Beautician - Get money from customers. Buy product from the supplier, Giant of course! (kerjanya sikat rambut, pakaikan bedak, pakaikan tudung, ala.. yang simple-simple je).  
Casher - sit quietly at counter waiting for customers to come. Hire a nanny to take care of her kid (nanny tu maknya la. Anaknya pulak Haikal).

  • Each get their allowance as for start (ala-ala personal loan).

My reference: http://suite101.com/article/how-to-make-fake-money-for-kids-a336487

No comments:

Post a Comment